Discover Websites Ltd, Bodley Yard, Ford Street, Wellington, Somerset TA21 9PJ
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org |
Tel: 01823 338 619
Please see below our terms and conditions of our service.
Definition of our terminology as used within this document:
1. A 'Client' is a person, persons, business or organisation using any of the services provided by Discover Websites.
2. 'Content' is both text and images that the Client requires on the website.
3. 'Domain' is the website address as specified by the Client.
4. 'Hosting' is a yearly cost to keep a clients website activated online.
5. 'Live' means the date the website is available on the Client’s chosen domain.
6. A 'Project' is any work undertaken or service provided by Discover Websites for the Client on their request and as described in our confirmation order email to that Client.
Discover Websites Terms & Conditions
1. The contract between Discover Websites and the Client will be as per these conditions. All variations to these conditions shall have no effect unless agreed in writing.
2. The works to be completed shall be as set out in the Discover Websites confirmation order email.
3. Discover Websites use Email or telephone to contact clients with regard to all communication. Discover Websites can not be held liable in any way relating to
communication issues if we are not supplied a valid email address.
4. Discover Websites will only commence work on a Project after receipt of a non refundable, 50% deposit of the quoted Project fee from the Client. The balance of 50%
payment is to be made on completion of the website. The website will be put live when the Clients remaining balance is paid in full. All prices exclude VAT.
5. The deposit paid to Discover Websites and covers the cost of the design and administration work and is non refundable.
6. Discover Websites expect the Client to ensure their website is not illegal in any way. It is the Clients duty to carry out sufficient research before proceeding with a website.
This will include checking that the website/idea/business will operate legally.
7. Discover Websites expect the client to remain in contact with Discover Websites staff throughout the entire project. If a Client does not make contact for 1 week we will
make up to 3 attempts to contact the client by email using the email address specified when the client went ahead or any other email supplied by the Client. If we do not
receive a response to these attempts of contact the Project may be terminated, and the deposit will not be refunded.
8. Discover Websites may purchase images on behalf of the Client for their website which will be strictly for website use only. Discover Websites are not liable for misuse of
these images by the Client or any other person’s copying, altering or distributing the images to individuals or other organisations.
9. Discover Websites will host the website if the Client requires us to do so and on receipt of full payment of our Hosting fees or where included in a website design and build
on payment of completion of the project. Discover Websites aim to provide a reliable and professional service to the Client at all times but do not guarantee that the website
Hosting will be available at all times, especially in the event of a technical failure beyond our control.
10. All standard hosting offered by Discover Websites is unlimited to the size of website space (with a fair use of 2Gb per month) unless otherwise stated in a bespoke price
agreed by both parties. If you do not agree this price within 30 days we have the right to charge for additional use at £10 per Gb per month.
11. Discover Websites cannot be held responsible for anything adversely affecting the Client's business operation, sales, or profitability that might be claimed as a result of a
service offered by Discover Websites. This includes third party services.
12. Discover Websites do not guarantee any specific placement or high ranking on search engines.
13. Discover Websites will provide expected completion dates for logo design, website design and live date for the project. Discover Websites will aim to meet any given
deadline, but do not guarantee and are not bound in any way to complete the Project by this date. The expected completion date provided by Discover Websites is purely an
14. Discover Websites own all design and code of the website until final payment has been received in full. Once final payment is received, the Client will then own the design
and code of the website. The Client also agrees on payment of the balance of the website build that the website has been completed to the agreed specififcations and any
further work would be quoted for seperately.A copy of the website can be provided on disc or sent by email (if possible) at a cost of £35.
15. Images will have been purchased by Discover Websites for the Client, unless the images have been supplied by the Client. All images displayed on the Client's website
will only be used after authorisation by the Client, and are the sole responsibility of the Client regarding usage and copyright. Should any legal issues or claims arise from the
content or copyright of any images supplied by the Client or Discover Websites, they will be the sole responsibility of the Client.
16. Domain names will be registered by Discover Websites with the Client as the registered legal owner.
17. Discover Websites will make reasonable effort to contact the Client regarding domain renewal however it is the responsibility of the Client to renew their domain names
when due. If a domain name expires, Discover Websites can not be held liable for this. If the domain is renewed by Discover Websites the Client will automatically be liable
for 12 months hosting with Discover Websites.
18. When a Client renews Hosting with Discover Websites, this also includes domain renewal if the renewal is needed to keep the site functioning and was purchased as part
of the Hosting package. If the Client does not renew the Hosting, their domain name could be made available to the public for purchase and Discover Websites can not be
held liable for this.
19. Renewal of Hosting is due on a yearly basis. The date of renewal will be annually from the date the website was ordered by the Client. The Hosting will not be renewed if
Discover Websites cannot contact the Client or the Client requests for Discover Websites to not host this site.
20. The Hosting renewal charge must be received within 10 days of the Hosting expiry date. Discover Websites reserve the right to deactivate any website where the Hosting
has expired and the Client has not paid the renewal charge. There will be an admin fee set by Discover Websites for reactivating the website/Hosting.
21. Discover Websites has the right to deactivate a website for any money due to Discover Websites for any service provided by Discover Websites. Reactivation will only
occur when cleared funds for all monies outstanding have been received by Discover Websites and there will be a charge of £100 plus VAT.
22. If the Client does not use Discover Websites Hosting services, then the management and Hosting of the Domain name are the full responsibility of the Client. All CMS
sites provided by Discover Websites have to be hosted on our servers for the CMS integration to work. We cannot be held liable for any loss of data, images or anything else
with the website if you provide CMS login details to a third party.
23. Discover Websites may provide an agrred period of free hosting providing the client pays their deposit payment within 7 days. If the deposit payment is not received
within 7 days then Discover Websites reserve the right to charge the relevant fee for this period of hosting of the clients website. If a period of free hosting is provided and the
Client wishes to move hosting provider or cease hosting with Discover Websites within 3 years of the website live date the annual fee for hosting will become due.
24. Discover Websites charges hosting annually in advance to provide the most cost effective service. Our monthly hosting service can be used but is calculated at twice the
rate of the annual cost, eg £72 annual hosting would cost £12 per month equating to £144 per year. Part months are charged as 1 month eg hosting commencing 10 January
and moving on 25 March would be 3 months.
25. Should a Client wish to move Hosting away from Discover Websites or transfer a Domain name away from Discover Websites, a £35 admin charge will be issued for each
domain name, which must be paid before the transfer takes place.
26. Discover Websites has no control of, or responsibility for, the content of Clients’ websites. In no way does the textual or image based Content of our Client's web sites
constitute Discover Websites endorsement, or approval of the website or the material contained within the website. Discover Websites has not verified any of the materials,
images or information contained within our Client's web sites and is not responsible for the content or performance of these sites or for the Client's transactions with them.
Discover Websites provides links or references to our Client's websites solely for the convenience of prospective customers and intends that the links it provides be current
and accurate, but does not guarantee or warrant that such links will point to the intended Client site at all times.
27 Discover Websites are not liable for loss, damage or corruption to files or information stored on its servers or individual PCs relating to a Client's website. The Client is
solely responsible for any information or files relating to its website.
28. Please be aware Discover Websites hosting price does not include support for any third party software or mobile phone (ie Blackberry/iphone etc) problems that may
occur. All support is for POP3 and IMAP accounts setup on pc’s and laptops. Should you have mobile phones to retrieve mail and errors occur you will be quoted accordingly
for any corruptions or errors that occur.
29. If a Domain name is purchased by the Client through a company other than Discover Websites, the Client has full responsibility in making sure that the domain name is
renewed when due. Discover Websites will not renew the Domain name when annual Hosting renewal is due if the Domain name is purchased through a company other than
30. Discover Websites will take a 3.5% service charge payment on any payments received using a credit or debit card. If this is not acceptable to the client, we also accept
BACS and Cheque as an alternative payment method.
31. If a Client approaches any member of Discover Websites staff, without prior consent, with regard employment in the Clients business or associated business then a fee of
30% of their salary or total employment package will be due to Discover Websites.
32. Discover Websites may terminate any relationship for whatever reason with its clients providing them with 28 days notice. Likewise a client may terminate its relationship
by providing 28 days notice.
33. Discover Websites will charge £35 for any invoices that result in credit notes having to be raised for either unpaid invoices or invoices that have subsequently been
requested by clients due to a change of mind.This simply means we cover the cost of having to deal with quotes, invoices, credit notes and accounting procedures.
34. Discover Websites makes no claims that the contents of this website may be lawfully viewed or downloaded outside England and Wales. Access to this website may not
be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If this website is accessed from outside of the United Kingdom, it is done at own risk and the visitor is responsible for
compliance with the relevant laws of the visitor’s jurisdiction. The terms and conditions of this website are governed by the laws of England and Wales. Jurisdiction for any
claims arising in respect of this website’s Content shall lie exclusively with the courts of England. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any
court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in
full force and effect.